Swim Ulster have revised the recent ruling to ban diving starts in shallow water for AquaSprint and PTL ‘A’ galas.
All galas organised under the auspices of Swim Ulster’s insurance will now follow this revised ruling:
1. Club Coaches must be satisfied that their club swimmers are competent in performing a start with a shallow racing dive before they are allowed to do so at a gala. Where any swimmer is not competent, they must start in the water.
2. Gala organisers will ensure an announcement is made before each session of any gala. This announcement provides the detail for circumstances where depths are less than 0.9m or between 0.9m and 1.5m ( with and without starting blocks). The wording of the announcement to be used is attached.
3. For AquaSprint and PTL ‘A’ galas only, the lead coach from each club at a gala must agree to permit diving starts. That is, where one club declares its swimmers are not competent to start with a shallow racing dive, then neither club will use a dive start and swimmers from both clubs will start in the water.
25th May 2011 End of Ruling
Dive starts are an essential skill in swimming and it is expected that all clubs will ensure their swimmers are competent in diving starts before AquaSprint and PTL ‘A’ galas commence in the 2011-12 season. Any club who expects to be unable to provide the adequate training for their young swimmers by that time should contact Swim Ulster’s Club/Coach Dev Officer as soon as possible. Swim Ulster will seek to provide support to enable young swimmers to dive safely at our galas.”
Forest Feast, in the capacity of Sponsors of the AquaSprint Junior Swimming League, accepts no responsibility for the running of AquaSprint galas and is in no way liable for gala rules, pool facilities or for ensuring that events are run in line within required health and safety standards as detailed by Swim Ulster.
- 20 Mar 2017Armagh come up short against Lurgan.Armagh Swimming club travelled to Lurgan on Saturd...
- 14 Feb 2017Breifne celebrate win against Larne in home galaClub Name: Larne Gala Date: 11th February Gala Ven...
- 14 Feb 2017Banbridge take victory over Templemore in away galaClub Name: Banbridge Gala Date 4th Feb 2017 Gala V...
- 25 Jan 2017Newry swim to victory in the 2nd gala of the leagueSaturday 22nd January saw the junior swimmers from...
- 25 Jan 2017Newry take on Cookstown in home galaClub Name: Cookstown Gala Date: 21st Jan 2017 Gala...
Thanks to Forest Feast for their sponsorship over the last couple of years, they have really become involved & put a lot of effort into understanding the galas, with the clubs & children benefiting from the input. I hope they will choose to continue the sponsorship.
Your visit to the Gala added enormously to the excitement of the day for all the swimmers.Thank you again for all your support for swimming.
Thank you so much, Armagh have received another fantastic goodie box from Forest Feast! we are so delighted that we have our club colour hats and with the added bonus of our club name on the side!
Can I also just pass on a very big thank you to Forest Feast from Coleraine Swimming Club for their fantastic support again this year.
Thank you for the hats, banners and t shirts. We look forward to the season ahead.Thanks to Forest Feast and to you for all you are doing for swimming and the League.
I would like to Thank you on behalf of Limavady for the medals you supplied for the finals
Thanks again for all your support.
Thank you very much. The new colours on the hats are brilliant and we look forward to wearing them at our galas! A huge thanks to everyone at forest Feast.
On behalf of Portadown ASC, Thanks again for another great and valued sponsorship of the Aquasprint League.
Looking forward to an exciting season!