Click on the link to take you through to your clubs division, to check out the competition & your next gala fixtures.Read More →
Swim Ulster is part of the Swim Ireland family and is recognised by Sport NI as the governing body for aquatic sports in Ulster.Read More →
Welcome to the AquaSprint Website
The AquaSprint website is the place to go for information on the Forest Feast AquaSprint Junior Swimming League. Whether you’re from a swimming club, a competitor or a spectator, you’ll find fixtures, results, photos and all the league information you need right here.
A Note from the Sponsor:
Forest Feast is delighted to support the AquaSprint Junior Swimming League for a sixth consecutive year. At Forest Feast, we are passionate about local sporting initiatives and are proud of our continued support of the AquaSprint League, which gives local youth the opportunity to get involved in swimming.
It was a pleasure to have four-time Paralympic gold medallist Bethany Firth involved in this year’s official launch. As a Forest Feast brand ambassador, Bethany shares our passion for encouraging children to lead a healthier and more active life while also realising their sporting potential.
The benefits of being part of a fun, team based sport at a young age are tangible, growing confidence, encouraging friendships and underlining the importance of activity as part of a balanced lifestyle. Swimming is also a special sport as there is also an individual aspect to it, you learn self-motivation and strive for your personal bests – a skill that will last you a lifetime!
The AquaSprint Junior Swimming League is an early introduction to competitive swimming with many of the elite swimmers who compete at the Commonwealth Games, European Championships and indeed Olympics having started their road to success on an AquaSprint team. The AquaSprint 2016/17 season got out of the blocks with a great start and the Forest Feast press team are looking forward to soaking up all the action at a selection of galas. The season will be brought to a close in June with a competitive, fun filled finals night.
We wish all those taking part in this year’s Forest Feast AquaSprint League the very best of luck for the coming season and have no doubt the competition will be full of fun, enthusiasm, atmosphere and talent!
Check out the Gallery to see the Swimmers in action!
- 14 Feb 2017Breifne celebrate win against Larne in home galaClub Name: Larne Gala Date: 11th February Gala Ven...
- 14 Feb 2017Banbridge take victory over Templemore in away galaClub Name: Banbridge Gala Date 4th Feb 2017 Gala V...
- 25 Jan 2017Newry swim to victory in the 2nd gala of the leagueSaturday 22nd January saw the junior swimmers from...
- 25 Jan 2017Newry take on Cookstown in home galaClub Name: Cookstown Gala Date: 21st Jan 2017 Gala...
- 19 Jan 2017Lecale take on Mid-Ulster in their first gala of the seasonClub Name: Mid Ulster Gala Date: 14.01.2017 Gala V...
Swim Ulster have revised the recent ruling to ban diving starts in shallow water for AquaSprint and PTL ‘A’ galas.
All galas organised under the auspices of Swim Ulster’s insurance will now follow this revised ruling:
1. Club Coaches must be satisfied that their club swimmers are competent in performing a start with a shallow racing dive before they are allowed to do so at a gala. Where any swimmer is not competent, they must start in the water.
2. Gala organisers will ensure an announcement is made before each session of any gala. This announcement provides the detail for circumstances where depths are less than 0.9m or between 0.9m and 1.5m ( with and without starting blocks). The wording of the announcement to be used is attached.
3. For AquaSprint and PTL ‘A’ galas only, the lead coach from each club at a gala must agree to permit diving starts. That is, where one club declares its swimmers are not competent to start with a shallow racing dive, then neither club will use a dive start and swimmers from both clubs will start in the water.
25th May 2011 End of Ruling
Dive starts are an essential skill in swimming and it is expected that all clubs will ensure their swimmers are competent in diving starts before AquaSprint and PTL ‘A’ galas commence in the 2011-12 season. Any club who expects to be unable to provide the adequate training for their young swimmers by that time should contact Swim Ulster’s Club/Coach Dev Officer as soon as possible. Swim Ulster will seek to provide support to enable young swimmers to dive safely at our galas.”
Forest Feast, in the capacity of Sponsors of the AquaSprint Junior Swimming League, accepts no responsibility for the running of AquaSprint galas and is in no way liable for gala rules, pool facilities or for ensuring that events are run in line within required health and safety standards as detailed by Swim Ulster.